Sunday, February 20, 2011

eight down, one to go

Yes I know, this blog post is late; but just like you I procrastinate and get busy, so you shouldn't expect any more or less.

Well, it's official: Romeo and Juliet has closed at the Ridge. My eight play at Claremont, and my most loved. BTW: This post may start to sound emo... just giving you a pre-warning. I've been so fortunate to have been a part of a wonderful piece of theatre, that had hundreds of people witness it. A timeless classic, set in the 1950's, and acted upon a set of bricks (which I designed, by the way. Your sister is multi-talented). I've been working for just over two years on this play; starting with a monologue in grade ten. And coincidentally, being cast as the Prince, I got to end with a monologue as well. It's been a long push, but after a lot of blood (I ALWAYS hit Juliet's tomb after storming off stage), sweat (painting bricks is hard and stage lights are hot) and tears, it's finally done; and I know this is what I want to do. I want to make magic. And I don't care how hard it may be, but I want to do this for a living. For an hour, two hours, maybe even more, I want to take someone out of their theatre seat and take them on a journey. Create an illusion. (It's a good thing I'll be going to school for this :P)

I'm sorry you couldn't see it, but I was pretty scary. Christine didn't know I could yell so loud, or be so frightening... so here's a picture.


I seem to have this effect on people...

So here's to one more. One last show at the Ridge. The end of an era, but only the beginning of a lifetime.

I love you sister one.

ps: I hope you feel better, get lots of sleep! and say hello to the cousins for me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment